Apple’s next movie, ‘Swagge’, from NBA superstar Kevin Durant, creator Reggie Rock Bythewood and Brian Grazer swishes through the TV+ net October 29.
B-ball for the rest of us
Global audiences will be able to watch the first three of ten episodes of “Swagger” series from day one.
“Swagger” explores the world of youth basketball, and the challenges faced by players, their families and coaches and what it’s like to grow up in America. The series comes from creator and showrunner Reggie Rock Bythewood, NBA superstar Kevin Durant and Imagine’s Brian Grazer, will premiere globally.
- O’Shea Jackson Jr., who stars as Ike, a former star player who’s now a youth basketball coach;
- Isaiah Hill as Jace Carson, a basketball phenomenon who is one of the top-ranked youth basketball players in the country;
- Shinelle Azoroh plays Jenna, Jace’s mother who is determined to chart NBA success for her son;
- Tessa Ferrer plays Meg Bailey, a former basketball player and coach for a rival team;
- Academy Award nominee Quvenzhané Wallis plays Crystal, a top young basketball player;
- Caleel Harris plays Musa, the team’s glue and point guard;
- James Bingham plays Drew Murphy, a player from an affluent part of town;
- Solomon Irama plays Phil Marksby, the enforcer for a rival team;
- Ozie Nzeribe plays Royale, a sub-par player with a wealthy dad;
- Tristan Mack Wilds plays Alonzo Powers, the grassroots division leader at a major shoe company.
“Swagger” is just one of a wave of fall releases promised from Apple’s rapidly evolving TV streaming service, which we expect will double its quantity of freshly released content next year.
The latest data from Parrot Analytics shows Apple’s original series, Ted Lasso really kicked the ball into the net, with top ten viewing figures worldwide. Apple’s hotly anticipated Foundation series is also on the way.
Please visit and bookmark Apple Must for more reports like Kevin Durant’s NBA ‘Swagger’ swishes to TV+ October 29