Snap has tapped eight companies for its latest Yellow accelerator class.
Yellow launched in 2018 with a promise that Snap would invest $150,000 per cohort of startups. Twice a year, it selects a handful of digital content-focused companies to receive mentorship from Snap executives, networking opportunities, and liquid capital, plus continuing guidance after the accelerator ends.
In exchange, Snap takes a small, undisclosed equity stake in each company.
This class is Yellow’s fifth, and the smallest to date. It’s also a return to Yellow’s usual in-person curriculum after its fourth class, which baked nine startups, went entirely virtual due to COVID restrictions.
Companies selected for the class include (with descriptions provided by Snap):
- Bits of Stock–Is working on a cardless stock program that rewards customers with fractional shares of stock on everyday purchases from the brands they love, based in the Netherlands.
- Blink Date–Is building a voice-first dating app that matches members for 10-minute voice conversations, after which they can hope to make a match.
- Bump–Is designing software to help creators track and collect their revenue from various sources, monitor their expenses, and manage their crypto and NFTs in one place.
- DB Creations–Is creating catchy AR strategy games like Table Trenches, with rapid prototyping and exploration.
- Ettos–Is making an ecommerce platform for beauty products, supporting inclusive beauty, based in Colombia.
- Shoplook–Is fostering a community-driven platform for visual self-expression, curation, and inspiration through mood boards.
- Tiplay Studio–Is a rapidly growing game studio based in Turkey for mobile games like Water Shooty.
- Well Traveled Club–Is creating a members club for modern travelers, so they can get trusted recommendations and access to exclusive perks.
The class has already gathered at Snap’s headquarters in Santa Monica, Calif., where members will spend the next 13 weeks learning from “investors, tech founders, artists, athletes, and more,” Snap says.
Visit Tubefilter for more great stories.